Monday, February 22, 2010

Pass It On

I was surprised to see that Marguerite had nominated my blog for an award.
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhOEN8i3aV7adhsnodMNicofAggfR4r3wRPzFUH92LjUDopfjfOaseCjB_EddevTD11uY1-IKhgs58QekxAYjlLMdL7m5KYd6XvN0YZ-VvH-O-tesM3Qorfvdj16Xyr4oSrOk_U-7Tm71Y/s1600/beautiful_blogger.jpg

I am happy to accept this award, and follow the rules:

1. Thank the person who gave you the award. Thank you, Marguerite
2. Paste the award on your blog (see above)
3. Link to the person who nominated you.
4. Tell 7 interesting things about yourself (see below)
5. Nominate 7 or 8 blogs (see below)
6. Post links to those 7 blogs (see below)

Seven Interesting Things About Me

1. I had very fine straight hair until after the birth of my 4th child and then my hair turned wavy. When Patrick was born he had a lot of dark straight hair, he lost that hair and was pretty much bald except for fine straight light brown hair and then he grew a crop of curly blonde hair - all within 4 months of his birth. He looks completely different in his baby pictures at birth, one, two, three and for months of age. At that point my hair started to go wavy too. For years hairdressers permed or curled my hair and now they offer to straighten it.

2. I have a large nose which I never noticed until my friend's boyfriend made a comment in first year university - I am pretty oblivious as to what I look like. Sometimes I will see my reflection and wonder who that person is.

3. I had a pet skunk called Stripe - even though he had 2 stripes and a dalmation named Pepper who had a blue eye and a brown eye and who smiled at people. I guess I liked black and white pets.

4. Most of my baby teeth had to be pulled out by the dentist because they did not fall out on their own.

5. Some people think I am tooo serious and other people think I am tooo funny, everyone thinks I am very brave when I really am not, some people think I spend too much time on work, some people think I spend too much time on my family. Some people think I am conservative, others think I am liberal. I just march to my own beat.

6. My mind never stops, I am always thinking of something - I was very surprised to learn that people can have nothing going on in their heads. I can get so focused that I lose track of time.

7. My bike got clipped by a car when I was about 11 and I was thrown off and bumped my head and lost conciousness for a moment. As a result of the bump I lost my sense of smell. Sometimes I can smell strawberries, coffee and burning toast and not much else.

Blog list

Gee I like everyone's blog on my list so i just picked randomly:

#
Saucy Sprinkles
#
DOMESTIC LIGHT and MAGIC
#
Little Acorn
#
Acorn Collective
#
Posie Gets Cozy
#
quilting down the stairs
#
Ric-Rac
#
rose hip

1 comment:

Rafael's Mum said...

Surprised? You have a lovely blog and well deserve being put in the spotlight!