Friday, May 1, 2009

Leaving the Nest













Cait is here for a week after the end of her school term and we have had a great time. One of the highlights was our trip to Whistler and Devon, Cait and even Pat went bungee jumping. It was Cait's idea but Devon was up for it too.

Devon just ran and jumped off the platform - it really looked as if he was flying. Cait jumped and swung wildly - they both said it was a real rush of feeling and then the swinging was fun. At first I did not want Pat to do this. It was terrifying to watch Devon and Cait fall over 150 feet, I could never let myself just go like that. They were so enthusiastic about it after the fall and said Pat would love it. He was beyond keen to try - no fear in him! He was so focused on the instructions his teachers would not believe it if they saw him. They holstered him up and counted down 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 and he stepped off into nothingness and spread his arms wide to fall freely. He was so pumped after being hauled up.

I asked Pat what it was like and he said "At first I got a tingly feeling in my privates and it felt weird with the first drop. Then the swings back and forth and up and down were SO FUN!!! He has been wearing his bungee t shirt ever since.

The 3 images here are by Whistler Bungee and were included in the CD they gave us.

3 comments:

MJ said...

Thanks for popping by my blog! I've had so many computers and crashes within the last few months (starting November 2008!) that I've lost a lot of the blogs I had favorited for visiting!

I am very envious of the crocuses in your yard. It is so cold here that it often feels like it will snow again. It's been a chilly spring!

Jerri-Lea said...

Thanks for popping by!

Wow that looks like fun! I could never do that but good for them!


The little violets look so spring like... we woke up to snow on the ground this am. Arrggg.

Tamara Jansen said...

I can't see that sort of "leaving the nest" in the cards for my kids.....you've got some progeny with amazing courage :)