Friday, July 24, 2009

Ketchup

Time has passed and I want to capture some of the good things that have happened. A bit stream of consciousness.

Visit with Sasha - of Saucy Sprinkles was in town last week from Saskatoon and we got together for a coffee that turned into a drink and a heartfelt chat about our children, education, blogs, women, authority, funny things and challenges we have faced. The time flew by and it was a delight to meet in person this really special kind woman - who brought cupcakes!!

Old Red Barn Company Quilt Along - gee this has meant a lot to me. So many women have participated in this quilt along and supported each other. We have different learning styles, beliefs, colour preferences, etc., but share so much. I am blown away by how wonderful the quilts are.

I am a bit stuck on the actual quilting of my quilt but will have some time next week when Pat is at daycamp to sew.

Zig Zag Quilt Along - This is another project I am looking forward to and am pleased with my design for it, Patrick helped with the fabric selection and boy was he right!! It will be a quilt for him.


Garden - The tomatoes are growing and so are the herbs and we picked weeds out of the patio. Ive spent a bit of time on the hammock and its been a delight to sway back and forth. Our neighbour has raspberries and some of the plants have migrated to our side of the fence and we have been very appreciative of the sun warmed berries off the plant and into our mouths. I planted a blueberry bush and it has not done so well - maybe next year. The blueberries have been plentiful in the store and I have made some clafouti and muffins which were big hits.

1 comment:

Saucy said...

We did have an absolutely lovely visit, didn't we? My only regret is not bringing my camera with me... it was no good up in the hotel room and now we've not got photos to remember our great visit.

Next time, friend.